3. Personal information collected
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Aperian and the choices you make, the Services and features you use, your location, and applicable laws, which in the preceding 12 months included:
Information provided directly by you
We collect personal information that you provide to us including when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates or online courses, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, in-person conference registration by mail-in form or by telephone, and/or participate in online courses or other services on our Sites. This may include the following personal information:
- Contact information (such as your name, email address, address or phone number);
- Professional information (such as your employer name, address, job title, department or job role);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences and interests);
- Account login credentials (such as user IDs, passwords and for some Services this may include your demographics and other information you or admins provisioning your account on your behalf provide to us);
- Support data (which is data you provide when you contact Aperian for support and which may include the products and services you use and other details that help us provide support, such as contact or authentication data, data about the state or condition of your device, or the content of your chats and other communications with Aperian technical support team);
- Billing information (including your billing address, background information and associated identifiers);
- Online content (which includes personal information disclosed by you on blogs, online courses, webinars, quizzes, surveys and other services or platforms to which you are able to post information and materials);
- Offline content (which includes personal information disclosed by you on in-person events and offline courses), and
- Applicant information if you apply for a job with Aperian (such as your resume, desired pay, education and work history, whether you are over the age of 18, and visa status. You also may choose to provide your gender, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, and links to your website, blog, portfolio, or LinkedIn profile);
We may also record or monitor our telephone or other communications with you, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Providing your personal information is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as for registration, or to access content. In such cases, if you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with your request.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal information you submit to Aperian. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Sites and our Services. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain device and usage information when you use or interact with our Sites, emails we send you, or as a part of your use of and interaction with our Services.
The information we collect includes:
- Information about the products or services you looked at or searched for and the services you used, including time spent and other statistical information.
- Information about your progress and completion of our online courses and activities.
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks, including internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, Bluetooth device IDs, mobile device ID, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, advertiser IDs, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, language preferences, battery level, on/off status, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Sites, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Sites, and other actions taken through use of the Sites such as preferences). We may collect this information through our Sites or through other methods of web analysis.
- Details about your internet, app, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about the applications installed on your device, or traffic data).
- Performance information, crash logs, and other aggregate or statistical information.
Aperian does not intentionally collect any special categories of data in connection with the Services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources (including third parties from whom we have purchased personal information) and combine that information with the information we collect. For example, we collect personal information from joint marketing partners, channel partners, our affiliated companies, recruitment agencies, credit check agencies, lead generation providers, public databases, data providers, and social media platforms.
This information may include:
- mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs, and custom profiles.
- resumes, credit history and order information; and updated delivery or payment information to correct our records; and customer support and enrolment information.